Welcome from the Headteacher
I was delighted to return to Larkmead as Headteacher in 2020 having been Deputy Headteacher for five and a half years before 10 years as Headteacher at Fitzharrys.
I am drawn to working in and leading our local schools because of the importance of education in shaping and nurturing individual lives, enriching communities and creating bright futures.
As a parent and someone who has worked in and with Larkmead since 2005 I know the values of our happy and successful school, and the value we bring to students, staff and our community.
The Larkmead Promise captures the experience of our students and staff and sets out our ambitions for the future. The film on our website shares the full detail behind these headlines:
- At Larkmead we will work together to help you to achieve your ambitions, hopes and dreams. Larkmead is a very special school and community, with wonderful students and staff. We believe that everyone can achieve great things.
- At Larkmead there is a whole world of exciting new knowledge and skills to learn, opportunities to embrace and challenges to meet.
- Larkmead staff really get to know you so that they can support and encourage you to achieve your very best.
- At Larkmead you will develop your character, the qualities that make you a good person, a good friend, and will set you up for the future.
- At Larkmead, everyone matters and makes a difference.
- At Larkmead you will be develop your self-confidence and do yourself proud.
- Larkmead is a happy, caring community with high expectations and ambitions for everyone.
- Larkmead is packed with wonderful opportunities and specialist facilities.
- At Larkmead you’ll enjoy a wealth of enriching experiences.
- Larkmead’s successful Sixth Form is an inspiring pathway to success.
At Larkmead you will know that you are part of something special and that you are special too. You will be able to push for personal excellence as you make your ambition your special mission. You will enjoy the sense of pride that comes with knowing you have achieved your best. You’ll know that you are an important member of one community, where you can be yourself as an individual, and where you are creating a very bright future.
Larkmead - Promise: