Larkmead is a vibrant school packed full of energy, opportunity and so many wonderful extra-curricular activities, as you will see from our website.
Great teaching and learning across the school are supported by our culture of research and collaboration. Each student gets the very best experience to enable them to achieve their ambitions.
Our pastoral care provides compassion, security and confidence, nurturing students to be happy, to develop and to thrive.
Our partnerships with primary and secondary schools across the town, Abingdon School, St Helen & St Katherine, universities, arts organisations, industry charity and many others provide wonderful opportunities for our students to shine.
Here are just a few of the many positive findings from Ofsted's visit in 2019 which reflect the day to day experience of our students, staff and community.
- Morale is high and everyone at the school shares the determination to provide the best for each pupil.
- Pupils behave very well at the school. They are kind and respectful towards each other and their teachers.
- Pupils are proud of their school and told inspectors that they enjoy the wide range of activities and clubs on offer.
- Pupils’ well-being and personal development, including their mental health, have a high priority and are very well catered for at your school.
- Comprehensive careers education helps pupils make wise decisions for their future.
- Parents and carers and pupils speak highly of the school. One parent observed that, ‘My child has blossomed at this school, and her confidence in her own ability to be successful has dramatically improved.’
Our new website provides an insight into flavour of what makes Larkmead such a positive community. If you would like to discover more and meet our fantastic students, please contact the school and we’d be delighted to take you on a tour.