We are delighted that Ofsted’s visit January 2019 recognised the strengths of our happy and successful school. Some of their key findings include:
- Morale is high and everyone at the school share the determination to provide the best for each pupil.
- Pupils behave very well at the school. They are kind and respectful towards each other and their teachers.
- The work inspectors saw in pupils’ books is presented with care and is of a high standard.
- Pupils are proud of their school and told inspectors that they enjoy the wide range of activities and clubs on offer.
- Pupils’ well-being and personal development, including their mental health, have a high priority and are very well catered for at your school.
- Comprehensive careers education helps pupils make wise decisions for their future.
- You work effectively with local independent schools to enhance and extend pupils’ experiences, for example through joint debating and careers events.
- One pupil, voicing the opinion of a group of pupils, said, ‘Teachers are comforting, always available to help and want you to do well in exams.’
- The sixth form is led strongly, providing an inclusive and encouraging environment where students make rapid progress
- Parents and carers and pupils speak highly of the school. One parent observed that, ‘My child has blossomed at this school, and her confidence in her own ability to be successful has dramatically improved.’
- A dedicated and highly skilled team of staff works with determination and sensitivity, alongside pupils, parents and external agencies, to support the more vulnerable pupils.
- Pupils told inspectors that staff are approachable and that they know an adult they can turn to if they have concerns.
- Leaders ensure that pupils with SEND are given prompt and effective help. As a result, most of these pupils now make strong progress and transfer successfully to the next steps in their education or training at the end of key stage 4.
- Careers advice and education are a strength of the school. Pupils are helped to make choices that ensure that they are prepared for a wide range of further or higher education and training.
We are a reflective school community, nurturing our culture of challenge, celebration and confidence for every member of the Larkmead community
Our latest OFSTED report can be downloaded and read below
Please click the below button to head to the Larkmead School OFSTED information page