Thank you for considering Larkmead School as the next step in your career.
Our ethos of ‘one community, individual minds, creating futures’ applies to Larkmead staff as well as Larkmead students. Colleagues at Larkmead can be proud to be part of something special, making a real difference to the lives and life chances of our students. It is a rewarding place to work as part of a mutually supportive team where everyone contributes. Personal, professional and career development is a fundamental part of working at Larkmead, which starts with our comprehensive induction programme. Our thoughtful approach to wellbeing means that staff have the support and challenge to succeed and advance.
Our induction programmes for all new colleagues are carefully planned to give you the practical strategies, advice and guidance you need to support your successful start at Larkmead. This induction work is sustained into your early weeks and months at Larkmead, with Leadership Team and line managers providing support and an important point of contact. Continuous professional development is at the heart of our work at school. Our culture of research and reflection, supported by practical strategies and collaboration across teams, is backed up by access to a wide range of training and resources to suit your professional progress and growth in the classroom, as a leader or in whatever role you fulfil at Larkmead.
Larkmead is proud to be part of the Vale Academy Trust, working in partnership with King Alfred’s secondary school and six primary schools. This network of school provides colleagues from across Larkmead to collaborate with other schools, contributing to school improvement and expanding career opportunities. Collaboration is an important benefit of working at Larkmead, with students and staff benefitting from our work with the Abingdon Partnership of primary and secondary schools, our 6th Form consortium with two local secondary schools and Abingdon & Witney College as well as links with local independent schools, employers and other organisations.
Larkmead is a happy, ambitious and successful school. This is reflected in comments from successive Ofsted reports, most recently in 2019:
- The stimulating and caring ethos in the school enables pupils to make strong progress and achieve well.
- The school balances effectively the drive for excellence with the wellbeing of staff and pupils. Therefore, staff at your inclusive school trust and respect the school’s leadership. Morale is high and everyone at the school shares the determination to provide the best for each pupil
- Parents and carers and pupils speak highly of the school. Pupils behave very well at the school. They are kind and respectful towards each other and their teachers.
- Pupils’ well-being and personal development, including their mental health, have a high priority and are very well catered for at your school.
- Students are keen to learn. They cooperate very well with one another and their teachers.
We are a diverse community and greatly value the contribution that colleagues from different backgrounds and with different experiences bring to our school. If you are keen to be part of a school with clear, positive values and which adds positive value to our students and staff then we look forward to meeting you