Larkmead School GCSE Results 2018 – Best Attainment Ever!
Larkmead is delighted to report our best attainment ever, even surpassing our previous best year in 2017.
- 80% of students achieved a 9-4 in English which is a record for the school.
- 68% of students achieved 9-4 in maths beating last year’s score and science continues to impress with its best ever figure of 58% of students achieving 2 x 9-4 in science.
- English and maths combined was 64% at 9-4 an increase of 3%.
- English and maths 9-5 combined score increasing by a massive 11% on last year at 47% and significantly above the 2017 national average.
- On a student level we have 13 students who have achieved at least 6 x 7-9 (A*-A). This represents 11% of the entire cohort.
- We also have two students who achieved 9 x A*(9) and 10 x A* (9), Joseph Mutch and Siobhan Murray respectively.
We are delighted for students and staff alike and look forward to further progress in the coming year.
Number of pupils sitting exams: 117
% grade 4 and above in English: 80%
% grade 4 and above in maths: 68%
Attainment 8: 46.0
EBacc % entry: 35%
EBacc % success: 22%
Chris Harris Head Teacher Larkmead School. Siobhan Murray 10 A*/9 & Joseph Mutch 9 A*/9.
KS4 English and Maths Combined Data
|E&M 9-4||E&M 9-5|
KS4 English & Maths Data
|Eng 9-4||Eng 9-5||Maths 9-4||Maths 9-5|
KS4 Science Data
|2 x Science 9-4||2 x Science 9-5|
Chris Harris Head Teacher Larkmead School with students who gained six or more A & A*/9 equivalents.
From L:R: Siobhan Murray, Joe Mutch, Ann Thomas, Chris Andrews, Marion Hendy, Lucy Mayer-Jones, Erin Harris, Sophie Hill & Alison Chomyn.
Chris Harris Head Teacher Larkmead School with Emma Fawcett who gained six A & A*/9 equivalents.
Chris Harris Head Teacher Larkmead School with Joe Gomersall who gained six A & A*/9 equivalents.
Chris Harris Head Teacher Larkmead School with Lucy Sharrock who gained six A & A*/9 equivalents.